Are you missing out on life because of sleep apnea?
Experts link sleep apnea to diabetes, heart disease, strokes, cardiac arrest, snoring, a weakened immune system, high blood pressure, depression and more.
So treating one thing can improve your life immeasurably.
Surprisingly, the American Academy of Medicine says the dentist should be your first line of defense for treatment of mild or moderate sleep apnea. That could keep you off bulky, disturbing and inconvenient medical breathing devices.
Dental Sleep Apnea Treatment
At Brigham City Smiles, a simple consultation will help us discover if the simple oral devices we can prescribe fit your needs and ease your sleep apnea.
If we’re not the best route for you, we’ll refer you to a specialist who can help.
Here’s what our process looks like to treat sleep apnea.
- Take a questionnaire to see if you’re eligible for dental sleep apnea treatment.
- Dentist checks your mouth for signs of teeth grinding and other signs of sleep apnea
- Doctor determines eligibility between questionnaire “sleep score” and examination
- If qualifies, you’ll head home with equipment to perform a simple sleep study at home
- We work with an MD to officially diagnose your condition and prescribe an ‘oral appliance’
- The devices look like a clear retainer that can correct your sleep apnea, teeth grinding and snoring by shifting your jaw and tongue forward throughout the night
- Come in for a 6-month follow-up to make sure your treatment is serving you well
Call us at 435-734-2248 to ask any questions or schedule a consultation. Or fill out the form to the right.